- Jan. 12, 2019: Call for papers for Special Edition on “DYAMOND: The DYnamics of the Atmospheric general circulation Modeled On Non-hydrostatic Domains” in Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan (JMSJ)
- Oct. 24, 2018:
Workshop on the Inter-comparison of Global Cloud Resolving Models and Related Studies
Nov. 13 (Tue), 2018, 13:30
3F Seminar Room, Ito International Research Center, Hongo Campus,The University of Tokyo
- Sep. 26, 2018:
The workshop on nonhydrostatic modeling, Open Seminar
Presentation by Masaki Satoh: "Global Cloud-Resolving Simulations by the Nonhydrostatic Icosahedral Atmospheric Model, NICAM"
Nov. 16 (Fri), 2018, 13:30
Japan Meteorological Agency
- June 25-29, 2018:
IPCC AR6 WGI First Lead Author Meating (LAM1)
Guangzhou, China, 25-29 June 2018
- Apr. 14, 2018:
Selected as a Lead Author, IPCC AR6 WG1 Chapter 11.
SATOH, Masaki: Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo, Japan, Lead Author
- Aug. 22-24, 2017: Workshop for Typhoon, cloud and climate study was held at the National Taiwan University, Taipei. A number of students, researchers, and faculties of AORI joined the workshop.
- "Progress in Earth and Planetary Science Most Cited Paper Award 2017":
The NICAM review paper, Satoh et al. (2014), has qualified the PEPS Most Cited Paper Awards 2017. (2017.4.18)
Announcement of The Most Cited Paper Award 2017 (PEPS)
The 4th International Workshop on Nonhydrostatic Numerical Models (NHM2016)
Application deadline: Oct. 8, 2016
Schedule: Nov. 30 (Wed) - Dec. 2 (Fri), 2016
Place: Hakone, Japan
Prog. Masaki Satoh gives an ivited talk at SC16:
SC16 Invited Talk Spotlight: Dr. Masaki Satoh Presents “A Super High-Resolution Global Atmospheric Simulation by the Non-Hydrostatic Icosahedral Atmospheric Model
SC16: Nov. 13-18, 2016，Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Satoh et al. (2014,PEPS) is awarded: "Progress in Earth and Planetary Science Most Accessed Paper Award 2016" Announcement at the PEPS website
NICAM-ICON Workshop is held at Max Plank Institute in Hamburg.
Feb. 22-24, 2016.
See also news at Max Plank Institute in Hamburg
JMSJ Award in 2015 is presented to the following paper (Jan. 26, 2016)
Satoh, M., Y. Yamada, M. Sugi, C. Kodama, and A. T. Noda, 2015: Constraint on future change in global frequency of tropical cyclones due to global warming. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 489-500.
- NICAM page is renewed at the Earth System Dynamics Database. (Jan. 19, 2016)
The 9th Workshop of the Virtual Laboratory for the Earth's climate Diagnostics Program, and the University Allied Workshop
Sep. 29-Oct. 1, 2015, Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo
- Photo gallery is opened. (Apr. 23, 2015)
- The following symposium is held at AORI, The Univ. of Tokyo.
University of Tokyo and University of Hawai‘i
The 3rd Joint Symposium on Ocean, Coastal, and Atmospheric Sciences
MARCH 10-12, 2015, AORI, The Univ. of Tokyo (Mar. 10, 2015)
- New home page released (Feb. 13, 2015)
>> Go to list
Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo
5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba, 277-8568, Japan